In this episode, we are joined by the owner of TZ Strength and author of Fitness as Sport, Jacob Tsypkin!
We had a great time talking to Jacob and covered a lot of ground including:
- Jacob’s interest in philosophy and how he implements it into his coaching of athletes
- How he got into CrossFit and competed at the first two CrossFit Games
- His transition from owning a gym to coaching completely online
- His aim in writing the book, Fitness as Sport, and any changes or additions he would make to it today
- Coaching Sean Sweeney and his recent first place finish in the South Regional
- His experience coaching someone who just narrowly misses qualifying for the CrossFit Games and the advice he would give athletes who find themselves in a similar situation
- What a typical day in his life looks like
- Nerding out on Star Wars
- The Lightning Round
- and much more!
Thank you again to Jacob for taking the time to come on the show! If you’d like to keep up with what Jacob has going on, you can follow him by clicking the links below.
TZ Strength: https://www.tzstrength.com
We hope you enjoy this episode as much as we enjoyed recording it!
– Nick and James
To listen on iTunes: Click Here
To listen on Stitcher: Click Here
Follow the Twin Studies Podcast here:
- Website: http://thetwinstudies.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thetwinstudiespodcast/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thetwinstudies