In this episode we are joined by one of the top thought leaders in CrossFit, James FitzGerald!
James is the first ever winner of the CrossFit Games, Founder of OPEX Fitness, and he’s been a top fitness coach for over 20 years, working with Olympians, corporate leaders, moms, dads, and everybody in between.
We got into the nitty gritty of CrossFit with James and hit on a wide range of topics including:
- How an injury led to a loss of identity for James in his youth and how it drew him to CrossFit
- The old days of CrossFit and how it has evolved
- The downfalls of identifying as solely a “CrossFit athlete”
- The difference between exercising for health and training for a sport
- Health issues associated with training for the CrossFit Games
- The best CrossFit athletes are the most resilient
- Volume vs. Intensity in training
- The need for aerobic training in CrossFit
- The pacing strategy of elite athletes
- Making dynamic contractions aerobic and the implications that has on how your body utilizes energy
- James’s thoughts on the Froning vs. Fraser debate
- and much more!
We were so happy to get James on the podcast, because he has been someone that we’ve learned from and followed since we started CrossFit and we can’t thank him enough for taking the time to come on the show.
Keep up with James at his website and on Instagram:
We hope you enjoy listening to the episode as much as we enjoyed recording it!
– Nick and James
To listen on iTunes: Click Here
To listen on Stitcher: Click Here
Follow the Twin Studies Podcast here: