In this episode, we are joined by 5x CrossFit Games athlete, small business owner, winemaker, and CFHQ Level 1 Seminar Staff Member, Margaux Alvarez!
Be sure to check out Margaux’s website, thevineyardcrossfit.com. That is where you can buy her wine and apparel that we talk about in this episode!
In the episode, we also reference a video the Lifeproof made about Margaux and her sister called, The Voice Inside. It is an amazing video and you can watch it here: The Voice Inside
We had such a great time talking to Margaux and can’t thank her enough for making the time to do the interview. We covered a lot of topics including:
- Growing up in a small town in Montana
- Her sporting background growing up
- How she discovered CrossFit and her first workout (The Filthy 50)
- Falling in love with the challenge of CrossFit and the community
- Drinking the CrossFit Kool-Aid
- How she feels mentally and physically as she pursues her 6th trip to the CrossFit Games
- Managing her time efficiently with training and working at the vineyard
- How Margaux structures her training year leading into the CrossFit Games
- Predictions for the repeat workout in this year’s CrossFit Open
- How to set yourself apart in today’s competition
- Building her mental game
- How she is still able to smile and wave to the crowd in the heat of competition
- Her “why” behind competing
- The pegboard event at the 2015 CrossFit Games
- How losing her sister in 2008 changed her life and how she channels her spirit to get through challenging times
- What Margaux says to anyone who is hesitant to start CrossFit, because of what they see at the CrossFit Games
- The pitfalls of not aligning your actions with your goals
- Some of her favorite moments from competition
- And we end the episode by testing Margaux’s movie knowledge with a Movie Quote Quiz!
We hope you enjoy listening to the episode as much as we enjoyed recording it!
– Nick and James
To listen on iTunes: Click Here
To listen on Stitcher: Click Here
Find the Twin Studies Podcast here: