In this episode, we are joined by 2x CrossFit Games athlete and 3rd place finisher in this year’s 40-44 Masters division, Yurii Hanson!
We talk to Yurii about his experience competing at the CrossFit Games as an individual and a Masters athlete. Yurii has a lot of great knowledge to share and I think you’re gonna really dig this episode!
- How Yurii got started in CrossFit and how it helped him rehab a serious back injury.
- How he went from training people in his garage as a hobby, while working as a firefighter, to opening up his own CrossFit gym.
- Getting signed up for his first CrossFit Open by his wife and discovering that he could be pretty good at the sport of CrossFit.
- Qualifying for the 2012 CrossFit Games as an individual and some memorable moments from that year.
- The stress and emotional strain that comes with competing.
- Battling through injuries and adversities in your training.
- How competing as a Masters athlete compared to competing as an individual.
- They “Why” behind Yurii’s training and how he maintained motivation day after day in pursuit of his goal.
- And much more!
We had such a great time talking with Yurii and would like to thank him again for taking the time. He’s a standup guy and I think we can all learn a lot from his story. We hope you like listening to this episode as much as we did recording it!
– Nick and James
To listen on iTunes: Click Here
To listen on Stitcher: Click Here
Find the Twin Studies Podcast here: